FOR WHO? NEW SCHOOL WAVE RIDER
1. EXTRA COMPACT FOR FAST TURNS AND EASY STORAGE
2. RADICAL TURNING IN ONSHORE AND SIDE-SHORE
3. FAST AND COMFORTABLE PLANING
The new Pocket is a modern wave board that is the result of 4 years of testing compact shapes. Originally we designed the new Pocket for weaker, real-world waves, but our team riders love riding the Pocket at Hookipa too. Even though it is fast and easy to ride, when pressure is applied to the backfoot during wave riding, the new Pocket turns radically with lots of speed.
We tested every kind of nose and tail shape, and the new Pocket features our favorite combination: a double-diamond tail and a normal nose, for a mix of maneuverability and comfort. The short length and winger outline make turning radically easy, which allowed us to use a very straight rocker so that the Pocket accelerates even when the wind is light or the current is strong.
Ross Williams: “I love the new Pocket. The 87L works perfectly for me in Europe and Hookipa.”
- Compact outline for tight turning and easy storage off the water
- Normal nose shape for comfort in the surf and chop
- Extra straight rocker in the tail for lots of speed
- Channel bottom for grip in the top turn
- Full rails for a stable, forgiving feel and to make new-school wave tricks easier
“Press on the back foot and the board turns like magic for fast bottom turns and the easiest cutbacks of my life.”